- 4 Tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh cabbage, shredded for coleslaw
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (10¼ ounce) cans chicken stock
- ½ cup beer
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups half-and-half, heated
- 2 cups (8 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound fully-cooked smoked sausage, cut into bite-sized chunks
Melt butter in large heavy saucepan. Add onion and cabbage. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until vegetables are translucent.
Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Add broth, beer and mustard. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Add hot half-and-half, cheese and sausage. Warm gently until heated through and cheese melts.
Makes 8 servings.