- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp red wine
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 2 cups baby spinach, rinsed
- 3 zucchinis, quartered and sliced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup seashell pasta
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Over medium-low heat in a large pot, heat olive oil and sauté garlic for 2–3 minutes. Add onion and sauté for 4–5 minutes. Add celery and carrots, sauté for 1–2 minutes.
Add chicken broth, water, tomato sauce, and red wine, and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and add kidney beans, green beans, spinach, zucchini, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for 40 minutes.
Cook pasta in separate pan according to package directions, and drain.
Place 2 Tbsp cooked pasta into each serving bowl. Ladle soup on top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Note: the fresh herbs make a huge difference in this dish. Dry is a poor substitute.