- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- ¾ pounds large scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup chicken stock or clam juice
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp capers
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp tarragon
- 12 oz angel hair pasta
Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil. Add tomatoes and cook until just heated through. Add scallops and broth. Simmer 3 minutes. Add red pepper, tarragon, salt and capers. heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer until scallops are done, another 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and combine with scallops mixture.
Optional: add 1½ cups white wine early in the process and boil down prior to adding scallops.